sobota, 13. marec 2010

Snowy saturday.

Well, we had our mock matura exams today and the subject we wrote was English, so I'm still feeling a little linguistic. It went well, but I realized I will have to put some effort into learning this language to improve my knowledge. Well, June is far, far away.

Today is the 13th March. Middle of March. According to the calendar it's still winter. If we look outside - hell yeah it's winter. I mean the calendar is what it is (who gives a fuck about calendar anyway), but it's "OMG IT'S SPRING", which I heard a couple of days ago, that surprised me. But then it kept snowing for two days and the winter continued. The funniest part about it is that slovene proverb goes like this: Ena lastovka še ne prinese pomladi and British idiom is One swallow doesn't make a summer. See the difference?

Well, despite the seasons being different and the proverbs' metaphorical meaning - it's still winter. And I like it. What is wrong with winter anyway? I saw thousands and thousands of facebook groups 'I miss summer (insert 20 random smileys right here)' and without thinking refused to join them. Yeah, it's cold, but it's not like everyday's temperature is 20 degrees below zero. And in the summer there are also cold or even worse - too hot days. And secondly - yeah, there's snow, but admit it: snow IS awesome. You can ski, for instance. There are also other activities to do and, what is more, the nature is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. I love it when I look out of the window and see everything white. Romance at its best.

Don't get me wrong - I've got nothing against summer. Actually, summer IS great. But I just can't figure out why some people can't enjoy this time too? Why does it have to be a specific month so they can have fun? It's March and I'm having fun. And I've had fun in February. And January. And before.

Actually, I'm having fun every effing day. So put a smile upon your face and have fun - you've got nothing to lose but so much to win.

Seize the day! :)

Ni komentarjev: